Monday, May 4, 2015

May Newsletter!

Dear Friends in Yoga,

On May 2nd I turned 31 years old. This birthday was completely different compared to my 30th. Last year, losing my mother to cancer was still fresh in my raw heart and I was also mourning a recent miscarriage. I was finding every opportunity to check out and numb out so I wouldn't have to feel the pain of these losses. My 30th birthday was not a particularly healthy experience. This birthday, I am eight months pregnant and feeling great! Over the past year, I've shifted away from self-medicating and into acceptance, clarity and contentment. I feel I've grown up a lot and I owe a lot of it to my healthy choices. I've been practicing yoga for nine years now, and my commitment to yoga seems to save me from myself every time. Life has many ups and downs. I am thankful to have a consistent mindful practice that helps me restore and remember what's most important in life. The mat is always there waiting for us when we've lost our way. This year, it brought me home.

With gratitude,
Megan

Come practice with me this week! Who knows when this baby is coming...

Mon: 6:00-7:15pm G/L1 at Yoga Loft
Tue: 9:45-11:00am Level 1 at Yoga Loft
Wed: 9:15-10:30am Gentle at Yoga Loft
Wed4:00-5:00pm Gentle at IBY
Wed: 6:00-7:15pm G/L1 at Yoga Loft
Thu: 9:45-11:00am Level 1 at Yoga Loft
Fri: 9:15-10:30am Gentle at Yoga Loft

Private yoga sessions may be a good option if you're new to yoga, recovering from injury, have a hectic schedule, or if you're simply interested in advancing your practice privately. I have a small yoga room in my home that is perfect for private sessions or I will gladly come to you! 

1 Private Yoga session: $75
3 Private Yoga sessions: $210
5 Private Yoga sessions: $325
Phone/FaceTime/Skype session: $50

Breathing and Meditation Practice
Sunday, May 17th from 4-6pm
Cost: $20
At the Yoga Loft of Bethlehem

In this 2-hour class we will explore breathing techniques that can be applied to your physical yoga practice, as well as exercises to calm, balance or energize the nervous system at anytime, day or night. Meditation with a focus on breath and/or mantra with also be included. Expect some brief, light movement. 

Pre / Post-Natal Yoga Series
April 5 - May 24, 2015
Sundays, 11:30am-12:45pm 
At the Yoga Loft of Bethlehem

The Art of Teaching Beginners
November 1, 2015, 9:00-5:00pm
At the Yoga Loft of Bethlehem

During this day long workshop, we will explore how to continually be creative with beginner sequencing, dissect great beginner poses that can be taught in stages, learn essential modifications and intelligent uses of props and breakdown the basic guidelines and differences between teaching intro to yoga, level 1 and progressing beginner classes. We will refine our instructions so that we are speaking clearly, concisely, and specifically to the beginners’ mind. Megan will also spend plenty of time answering specific questions you may about teaching beginners. 

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment