Sunday, March 2, 2014

Routine

Dear Friends In Yoga,

My dog loves routine.  He craves it.  If he could predict what was going to happen next all the time he'd be set.  Humans are different.  We're afraid we're going to miss out on something amazing if we're always doing the same old thing, and many times we do.  So we ditch the routine as much as we deem feasible at any given point in our lives-- cut out the gym, the yoga class, the home cooked meal, for an out of the ordinary experience!  And before we know it, we are so overwhelmed by our extraordinary experiences that we go back to the daydream of a routine that would make life simple again-- at the very least-- minimize the stress of scheduling.  Why can't we make up our minds?  Maybe because it's the very act of swinging between routine and spontaneity that keeps life manageable, and interesting.

I am currently in the "craving routine" phase.  And I must confess, since the implementation of my new routine, I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!!  It's no surprise.  Making time for me and making my health a priority should really be non-negotiable.  I know I'm better off for it, as are all of the people that come in contact with me.  So now the grocery store runs and yoga classes are in my calendar and I will not budge!  I hope to see you in my class (or maybe practicing beside you in someone else's) soon!

With gratitude,
Megan

My Weekly Class Schedule:
Monday...6-7:15pm...Gentle/Level 1...The Yoga Loft
Tuesday...9:45-11am...Level 1...The Yoga Loft
Wednesday...9:15-10:30am...Gentle...The Yoga Loft
Wednesday...4-5pm...Gentle...Inspired By You
Wednesday...6-7:15pm...Gentle/Level 1...The Yoga Loft
Thursday...9:45-10:30am...Level 1...The Yoga Loft
Friday...9:15-10:30am...The Yoga Loft

My next breathing class is Sunday, March 16th, 4-6pm

Our next Off the Mat Lehigh Valley meeting is Monday, March 10th from 7:30-8:30pm at Wegman's upstairs cafe on 512.

Mark your calendars to attend these upcoming fundraisers:

April 26th - "Doga Classes" Yoga with your dog!  At the Paws on the Promenade event.  Choose from 2 half hour class times: 1:30 or 2:15pm.  This is a donation based fundraiser to benefit SunRays Pit Bull Rescue!

May 17th - The Brain Tumor Foundation of the Lehigh Valley Yoga Class fundraiser!  $1 massages, raffle, and class will take place between the hours of 1-4pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment