Sunday, April 1, 2012

Love & Playfulness!

I played an April Fool’s joke on our teacher trainees at the Yoga Loft today! I have never been the one to play the joke on April 1st and I was reminded today of how fun it is to be silly and spontaneous. I think many of us feel safe being in control, so whenever I adapt a sense of play, it feels like letting go, which is what we’re always talking about doing in yoga! And strangely, it’s the brief moments when I accept how little I actually have control over that I feel the greatest sense of relief. Life presents a series of twists and turns that we can’t foresee and it’s certainly not convenient, but the blessing in disguise is our inevitable growth. What if every single thing that's happened in our lives was a necessary occurrence to assist in our soul's transformation? I whole-heartedly believe this because it reflects who we are today. And who we are today is beautiful! Every second we have on this Earth is an opportunity to let go of fear, shame, guilt, and the need to control so that we can welcome love & playfulness. Trust that all is unfolding as it will & enjoy your sacred life!

No comments:

Post a Comment